If you or a loved one are sent to another city for critical medical care, it can be very difficult to be away from your family, your friends and your home environment. Here at Cordova Community Medical Center, we participate in a program that allows us to provide the nursing care some people need when they are discharged from a hospital. It’s called the Swing Bed Program, and we can use it to care for you right here in Cordova.
If you need to stay in a hospital for more than a few days or need to stay in a nursing home for rehabilitation or nursing services, consider coming home to Cordova. We can provide those services through the Cordova Community Medical Center’s Swing Bed Program.
Our providers understand the importance of recovering in your community. They are committed to helping patients from rural areas and ensuring that their recovery goes smoothly.
Our Swing Bed Program offers:
· A team of board-certified family practice physicians
· Skilled nursing services
· A team of rehabilitation therapists who provide services five days per week for each discipline, with additional days per week on a case-by-case basis.
· Social services to help with your overall wellbeing
Our providers have the skills and experience to treat medical conditions that could otherwise delay your recovery. They help with issues such as:
· Circulatory system problems
· Dehydration and malnutrition
· Gastrointestinal problems
· Medication management
· Recovery from a heart attack or other heart issues
· Recovery from surgery
· Rehabilitation therapies for strengthening and conditioning