Welcome to Sound Alternatives
Everyone needs a little help sometimes. If you feel angry or sad, are stressed or experiencing family problems, if you’ve let your additions gain control, or just need someone to talk to, Sound Alternatives is here for you.
- Assessments for mental health or substance abuse
- Psychiatric evaluations for medication management
- Help managing a mental health issue
- Individual outpatient psychotherapy for children, youth and adults
- Substance abuse treatment in a group or individual outpatient setting
- Help obtaining referrals to in-patient long- or short-term residential treatment programs.
In addition to health counselors for substance and mental health issues, Sound Alternatives staff can assist you in completing applications for heating assistance, public assistance such as food stamps, and Medicare and Medicaid social services.
Sound Alternatives can also assist individuals with disabilities and families caring for children with disabilities, including respite care.
Other services include domestic violence intervention and Employee Assistance Programs for hospital employees and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Sound Alternatives takes walk-in consults and has counselors available for emergencies 24/7. If you or someone you know is feeling depressed, wants to harm themselves or another, or in crisis, do not hesitate to call. The most important thing is to touch base. We are here to help.
As a local provider of services, a sliding fee scale is used for those community members who have limited income.